Battery indicator on iPod Touch 4th gen

alra111

Registered
Just got my iPod Touch 4th gen 64 GB and I'm lovin' it. I don't see to see a place to change the battery power remaining indicator to numerical percentage instead of bar. In the same place that it is on the iPhone 4, there is no corresponding option on the iPod Touch 4th gen. Anyone have any luck with this?

Thanks,

Rafael

I don't believe that it has the ability to do that.

My iPhone 4 has this ability, but my iPhone 3G does not. I'm not sure why this limitation is imposed -- is it hardware-related, meaning does the iPhone 4 battery have special sensors that allow this? Or is it simply a limitation imposed by Apple?

I don't know. I'd venture to guess that it doesn't have the ability to do so.

Thanks for your reply. At least now I know I'm not an idiot who can't find the setting that was staring right at him. I'd daresay the battery is fully capable of indicating percentage points to the OS, because it is quick to notify you when you hit 20% and then 10%. Therefore, I'd have to guess that Apple chose not to enable that functionality for the iPod Touch. Pity. Once you get used to exactly percentage of battery left, it's hard to go back to the vague information provided by the battery left bar.

:)

Rafael

I had the percentage readout turned on for a while on my iPhone 4, but found that it made me feel like my battery didn't last as long -- with it off, it somehow seems like the battery lasts longer. When I saw "65%," somehow that didn't "feel" like much battery was left... but with a mostly green battery icon and no percentage, it makes it "feel" like it's got a lot of life left.

Strange how the mind works with subtle clues like this. Or maybe my mind's just broken in that respect! :)

Back