Battery problem with my Powerbook

iluvosx

Registered
Hi,

I had been using my Powerbook yesterday evening on the Battery mode. I guess at some point the battery was discharged and the whole system blanked out.

Now when I reboot the machine on my adopter, my battery indicator is an "X" and the menu says "No batteries available". What does this mean ? Is the battery destroyed ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
i think you will have to take it out and see if there is any dirt by the pins, i had that happen to me once.. blew on it and it was ok.. if not look around for how to reset the power management unit, i think it is,, " ctrl, cmd, shift, and pwr" while the computer is OFF. that might help .

speaking of battery problems, i have the problem, that it will charge till 84% or so, then stop, and i have to unplug the ac, a few times to ge tit to continue, eventually i get it to full charge.. any ideas, anyone?

Something similar here, but it just stucks at 97%. I found out, if you leave it plugged for a really long time, it finally turns to 100%. Try over the night...

ya thats what it does, why i am trying to find out though is why, is my battery startign to go? still lasts long once it gets to 100,
is it a firmware thing,?, there are so many stories, and ideas to try, nothing seems to work.. maybe its time for a new alubook 15

ok thanx, the second link, answered the question, although maybe apple should just admit the battery meter is totally out of whack. , oh well, maybe a new pb will make me happy..

Back