Battery Update 1.1

jhawk28

Registered
About the Battery Update

The Battery Update enhances the performance of the battery to ensure that full capacity is available for your PowerBook or iBook.

System Requirements

Installation of the Battery Update requires Mac OS X 10.2 or later.

The Battery Update supports the following products:

iBook (Dual USB)
iBook (Late 2001)
iBook (Opaque 16 VRAM)
iBook (32 VRAM)
iBook G4 (12-inch)
PowerBook G4 (12-inch)
PowerBook G4 (12-inch DVI)
PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW 800)
PowerBook G4 (17-inch)
PowerBook G4 (17-inch 1.33GHz)
Note: Once the Battery Update software has been installed, each battery you install in your PowerBook or iBook will be updated automatically.

© Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iBook, and PowerBook are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

any reason the iBook G4 14" (which I own) isn't supported? Is similar technology already incorporated into this model, or is it just not compatible?

check your software update, akbolt. it probably is there - both ibooks use the same battery.

any results, anyone? how much better batter life do you get now compared to before? 1/2 hours more or not visible?

Holy cow! My iBook now shows 5:28 when fully loaded instead of 4:10! ... This is ONE good update! Thank you Apple! *smooch!* (Maybe it's just an update for the menu item, now counting differently?) ;-)

does it really last that long now, fryke? let it run to zero, and see how long it really lasts.

i'll do that on mine later this week. ;) - post your results, other of you too.

Heh, my 1 year old iBook just went up to 4:00 when fully charged, i'm sure it won't last that long.....but it's nice to at least think it would :)

Back