Battle of the Browsers

that's nice. i'll wait a few days and then take a look. however, there are still the interface quirks to be solved. :)

hmm... i didn't wait a few days, because i already had a recent build. i can enter the 'bookword' fine. only: entering the word into the location bar and hitting enter doesn't load the bookmark.

for example, i have set up a bookmark for http://macnews.net.tc with the word 'mn'. but entering just 'mn' into the location bar looks up http://www.mn.com ... *sigh* what's that feature for?

I use Chimera and IE

Chimera for everything until something doesn't work then I try it in IE (or my PC.). Here's what makes me stop using Chimera:
1) Flash sites. They don't crash as much anymore, but they are still buggy on Chimera. (I don't even bother with a mac for flash sites though, unless all i have is my mac.)

2) javascript: Some javascript won't work in Chimera, but does in IE (pretty rare, but it happens)

3) Viewing an image's URL! HAVE TO USE IE! (no more! Latest version of chimera has a view image option! YAY!!!)

once chimera works with flash and javascript 100% there is NO REASON to use any other browser for me.

Crap like autofill is JUST---NOT---WORTH---IT

the speed of chimera is worth EVERYTHING.

chimera doesn't crash for me at all any more. by far the fastest, and it works for my online banking (for some reason, even mozilla can't do that). the only thing missing now from chimera is the ability to drag an image to the desktop to download it (instead of getting a link to it).
tabs are so much fun! dragging stuff to tabs so they can load in the background while you read is fantastic. bookmarking tabs is wonderful as well.
when they get the in-browser search thing enabled in the slider and get the CSS quirks fixed, chimera will even have beat windows IE in my book.

...No one!

-I love the way that OmniWeb it lets you surf and view pages but it is incopatible in some sites...
-Internet Explorer is the most compatible browser (yes I know its from M$ but that doesn't change the fact that it is the MOST compatible browser on Mac) but at the same time is not the fastest or the most beatiful while reading those sites...
-Chimera is simply put "SPEED DEMON"... Hell, in many sites beats even PC browsing by far!!!
-Mozilla is somewhat between Chimera and IE! Compatible and fast that is ;)
-Netscape well, if you like heavy stuff without actually earn something this is it! However, I would chose Chimera or Mozilla ANY DAY over this bloated stuff...
-iCab, as Ed said before, can actually deliver but TOO many preferences to deal with...
-Opera... This one seems to be a cross between OmniWeb and Chimera: Too fast, too nice to view sites with and not THAT incompatible with the majority of sites... Yes, it crashes a lot and has redrawing problems but it is BETA or should I say ALPHA? :D

Well, the above are my experiences and the ones I use are (and yes with that order):
-OmniWeb
-Chimera
-Opera
-Mozilla
-Internet Explorer
-iCab
-Netscape

What can I say? OmniWeb is more than enough but damn those Tabs and Speed of Chimera! Opera et al I use them just for testing reasons :D

As for PC browsing I use 99% Mozilla and Opera... Internet Explorer is too much of unstable for me (supposedly it doesn't crush but most of the time when a site isn't responding 99% you have to terminate the app and restart it) not to mention the inability to block popup windows, no Tabs to be found and TOO many security issues scare the sheet(!) out of me :D

Back