BBEdit 7.0 is out!

I sort of have mixed feeling about this one (first time ever, I usually rush out to get whatever bare bones puts out....)

The only new feature I can see are VB Support (WTF?), some goofy square selection thing (which will be useless to me), XHTML support (which is cool, but somewhat irrelevant) and support for the latest PHP updates (which I alreayd get via PHP Enhancer)....

I was hoping for the ability to split a window into more than 2 panes (you would not believe how often I bounce back and forth between 3 or 4 places in a document)...

I guess I am not finding a lot that's interesting....

i emailed the barebones guys about the split window or possibly even a tabbed interface, but they said they weren't going to do it because of apple GUI standards. oh boy.

square selection is very cool, though.

I think the main feature this time was the CVS integration. But I just cannot fathom that they cannot provide Windows ANSI support (file encoding), giving us the opportunity to work together on windows located development projects! Every other editor I have tried have this feature, even when in early betas...!

Back