Be my friend

ApeintheShell

Registered
I heard from a switcher that she used a mac os x buddy to learn the ins and outs of the system. It was via IM.

Is there a unix buddy out there?
unix books and figuring it out as i go hasn't helped much.

I normally charge $19.99 for friendship, but running a special this week, only $12.99 and you get a free side order of fries :)

Best way to learn is jump right in and break stuff, and feel free to ask any questions in this forum, we don't bite... very often :)

Brian

Don't do it! He's trying to rip you off! Don't be someone's friend for more than $10.

I'll do it for $7.99, because all I can do in UNIX is delete files, look @ the calendar, navigate folders, and read file permissions :p

The Apple Hotline(!!) claims friendship, too, but I would doubt that they know more than Dlatu1983 ;)

Better go for what btoneill suggests.

Learning is yet finding a path somewhere to some solution. If you constantly perceive solutions you're missing out _your_ part, the exciting part :)

But, hey, I feel you said it all yourself, remember?

It is said that for each mac user out there, there is a potential unix user.

And now:

(We) can only show you the command line, you are the one who must use it.

;)

heh..got me there

actually i've used pico, lynx, pine and X11 so far and it hasn't been that bumpy of a ride.
I like apps with a UI but it seems there has to be an easier way to print or find files.

Back