Beige G3 & ATI Mach64 3DPro Install

ezra

Super Organism
I have one of the Beige G3's MT with a ATI Mach64 3DPro card, that has all the video/audio inputs, and out put as well as the mic and speaker jacks on it. I'm having the usual problem of video goin out during the boot process.

Even though it appears that there is video on the motherboard via ATI chip, I get no video if I try to boot without the card installed.

Has anyone who has one of these Beige G3's with this ATI card had any success installing OSX?

Originally posted by ezra
I have one of the Beige G3's MT with a ATI Mach64 3DPro card, that has all the video/audio inputs, and out put as well as the mic and speaker jacks on it. I'm having the usual problem of video goin out during the boot process.

Even though it appears that there is video on the motherboard via ATI chip, I get no video if I try to boot without the card installed.

Has anyone who has one of these Beige G3's with this ATI card had any success installing OSX?

To answer and confirm my own post. Another user with the same card has the same problem. I looks like this ATI card is not supported in the Beta yet, and I have contacted Apple about it. Hopefully in the next Rev!

Back