Belkin play N600 router print server issues

jeremyrawlings

Registered
I have recently bought the Belkin Play N600 router to use my Epson C900 laser printer wirelessly. The router is working fine and the network is remarkably faster. However the print server software runs on the Mac OS X Lion but although it says that the printer is connected it does not appear in the printer list in Preferences. When ir does appear to is always offline and any docs sent to it to not print.

I have tried various configurations of the print server such as never auto connect, auto connect and connect on login but it makes no difference.

It would appear there is an issue with Mac OS X Lion interfacing with the Belkin USB print and storage device control.

Any other users had issues, any one any ideas how I might sort it? tried all the obvious things like reinstalling etc.

As far as I can tell, the driver provided by Epson gives you two choices - direct USB and ethernet.
It doesn't offer support of a remote print server device.

Under OS X, drivers can be written in this manner - they are called monolithic drivers by Apple, and this refers to the fact that the driver contains the page description/translation as well as the communication driver in a single executable. (rather than modular in the style of CUPS)

You should try using the printer via ethernet connection.

Back