Belkin Ups In 10.3.9: Os Bug?

neoplop

Registered
I seem to have a glitch with a Belkin UPS connected to an iMac G5 (OS 10.3.9) via USB.
Having installed, then uninstalled the Belkin Bulldog Plus software (3.0.6), OS X recognizes the UPS, but thinks it is constantly running on battery backup. It is not.
When the iMac is turned on, the system boots, but immediately after the login window appears, the following error dialog comes up:
“Your computer is now running on UPS backup battery. You should save your documents and shutdown soon”
This is an Apple dialog, not Belkin’s.
If the “Shutdown when only XX minutes of UPS power are remaining” box is checked in the UPS tab of the “Energy Saver” Control Panel, the iMac will immediately shutdown.
However, right below this, it shows the UPS Battery Level as FULL.
The Belkin software confirms that the UPS is NOT running on battery backup power.

How do I get OS X to IGNORE the UPS when I connect it to the USB bus, so I can reinstall the Belkin software and solve this annoying problem? There must be an override setting in some .plist or something to turn off UPS support?

System specs:
iMac G5
1 GB RAM
Mac OS X 10.3.9
Belkin UPS F6H550-USB
Other devices on USB bus: keyboard, mouse, Epson Photo820 printer, La Cie USB-2 drive.

Thanks,
Michael

Greetings all,

I just purchased a Belkin UPS (model F6H375-USB) to replace my dead one and the USB connection seems to work fine in Belkin's software, but OS X 10.4.6 thinks it's always on battery.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

That is so strange. I never had this problem with Mac OS 10.4. I think that you should check Belkin's update software for your backup battery. I am not sure if yours have recall...

I have a Belkin F6C1000-TW-RK (Battery Backup with Tower) since a year. I have an Apple desktop G5 dual and a 20-inches LCD monitor for this backup battery. Please absolute never plug your printer on your Belkin device - for a sake.

Back