Belkin Wireless USB Adaptor OS X Software

emental

Registered
Does any one know how to get the Belkin Wireless USB Adaptor to work under OS X? I cannot find any drivers commercial or open source. If any one can help please respond, cheers, emental.

there is one crucial word in your problem - Belkin. Last time i had a problem with one of their usb adaptors, they didn't know how to get it to work either.:mad: (claimed i got an icon, and that was all they would promise :rolleyes: )

obviously, that was the one and only time i had a problem with one of their products because i'll never buy one again.

if you can still return it, do so. if not, i empathize for you.:(

I was actually given the product free from Belkin, a good tech contact there has told me that they are working on an OS X driver and I'm hoping to have a beta soon... will keep you updated.

Well, I bought a Belkin wireless network card (pcmcia) off of Ebay for $40 : ) for a PC of mine...but I wanted to see if it would work in my Ti Book ( you know better range and all that ) so I popped it in and..... an icon appeared on the menu bar.

when you click on it...it says Belkin, 11mbs wireless notebook adapter, turn off/on. So it is seen by the OS at some point and has (i'm assuming) firmware that gives this info to the OS. I emailed Belkin asking if they had plans on drivers/software for it (did that today) So if as you said you have a friend there who is promising beta drivers soon. Well, please let me know when you get them!! : )

chomomma1 at attbi dot com

I sorely would like more than 20ft of range from my Ti Book. :)

-ChoMomma

Back