Best Alternative to Mac messenger

pawel

Registered
Hi guys,

Does anyone have some good alternative suggestions for MAC's version of Microsoft Messenger? Im using the official one but it's a little featureless to say the least.

I would prefer a UB version and something that might support webcam too.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

adium is what i use. it's still not as featured as pc messenger, but it's a good solid msn client, and has some nice features that pc msn still doesn't have

I use Adium since it uses libGaim (yes, from the Gaim in Windowsand Linux/Unix) and also supports various protocols other than just MSN. But if you need MSN only with the features that are available in MSN Messenger, then I guess you could use aMSN as was mentioned earlier.

To get on with the usual nitpicking about MAC/Mac on here recently:

"Mac" is short for "Macintosh", the computer.
"MAC", however, is short for "Media Access Control" and is used for network adaptors.

:)

"MAC", however, is short for "Media Access Control" and is used for network adaptors.

Most new Mac or non-Mac users tend to do this, I guess because since they're used to "PC" being an acronym for "Personal Computer," they think that "Mac" is also an acronym which it isn't. It's just short for Macintosh.

Of course, no matter how many times you tell them, they continue to do it. :rolleyes: I just poke fun by referring to the Media Access Control address of my network card. ;)

...and Mac is short for McDonalds@ barf burgers...

...and Mac is short for McDonalds@ barf burgers...

Don't tell me you didn't know about the secret alliance between McD's and Apple!! Why ELSE would it be called a Big Mac if it didn't refer to the Macintosh! Consider that the 512k Mac from the 80s was called the Fat Mac. And considering the amount of calories a Big Mac has.......

Coincidence??? Naaahh... ;)

Back