BEST cheapo printer for OSX

dave17lax

Inventor of the Egg Wave
I am trying to find the best printer for around $100 or less, so far I have found epson's line of c42, 62, 82, but I am not sure what the best buy is. Right now I have an old stylus photo 700 but it doesn't play well with OSX.
What's a nice quality ink jet for cheap?!?

I am very very happy with the Canon i550. I got it for 150 Euros, this is 50 Euros more than your budget allows (assumed that 1 Euro is more or less 1 US$). However, you get cheap single-ink replacement tanks which will pay off more than 50 Euros very soon. Print quality is excellent, the printer is very fast and supports border-less printing.

Personally I'm very frustrated with Epson. They take forever to update thier drivers and they are buggy.

Probably the focus more on their volume low end USB printers vs. my expensive ethernet network printer, but that makes me even more mad.

I'll never buy another Epson product if I can avoid it...

----------

Also note that the cheapest printers really are NOT cheap. They make the printers cheap but the ink incredibally expensive. Sometimes you have to spend over 50% of the cost of the printer simply to replace the ink!

Back