best email client for os x

dannybo

Registered
hey just a simple survey

what, in your opinion, is the best email client for os x?

Mail? Entourage? Mozilla email client? IBM Lotus Notes? Eudora?

This has been done - in Apple News and Rumors. There's a poll there so after you download and install eudora (my choice) you could go take a look. ;^)

I dont know what and why but somehow I dont like Mail.

Maybe because of its odd interface compared to other email clients.

mail is (imho) clunky and slow, it uses too much processor and the sliding drawer is dumb - especially to real-estate challenged displays. It has problems managing multiple POP accounts (personalities).

eudora manages years of mail quickly and efficiently. I have six pop accounts all handled by one simple keystroke. The filtering system eliminates most of the junk.

The interface is admittedly corny and windozish, dated as they say, but I have it turned off and it is a clean, sleek client that works perfectly for me.

The only thing I'd like them to do is make compatibility with the system Address Book an option. At present, the ab in eudora does the job for me.

If you have a large number of e-mail accounts, perhaps Eudora would be good. But for a coupla accounts, Mail works fine, imho. I use it for my .mac and hotmail accounts just fine.
It's simple, clean and unobtrusive enough.

I use Mail, because Mail is definitely simple to use.
I hate Entourage because it's a M$ product like the others: incomprehensible.
Eudora is what I somtimes use at work, on PC, along with Pegasus Mail. To me it's a PC application.
Mozilla Mail I tried under OS9 to replace Netscape; I trashed it a few minutes after.

Originally posted by toast

Eudora is what I somtimes use at work, on PC, along with Pegasus Mail. To me it's a PC application.

Funny because I consider Eudora a quinetessentially Mac program. I have been using it since 93, before Qualcomm scarfed it up. Yeah, since 3.1 it has had a windoze appearance, but if you dump the icon bar and it is right at home in aqua.

The point I really like about it is the flexibility in personalities. I set up one for my wife, it puts her name on the inbox of the receiver, and one for me with the same POP account. Also it lets me set different smtp servers for the same POP account so I am able to send mail from the various different networks I connect through - home and two different work venues.

OK I said my bit, I'll shut up
;)

yes the sliding drawer should be replaced by something else
then again, apple has that feature in other apps like preview....
maybe apple thinks it's a good idea

Mail is clunky, and has the most annoying email client 'feature' - it stores attachments in its database. Never been a fan of Eudora and it still can't display html emails.

PowerMail for me. No question.

Please post URL, screenshosts, reference, feature list and advantages. Otherwise we're very glad you like PowerMail, but it's useless to tell us.

anyone have an email client that can identify (or have a setting for) the Max number of receipients limit on the smtp server you are using, and then if you are sending to more than the limit, send the message to all receipients in the batch, as multiple messages.

eudora 6 is out in beta... they have added a junkmail screener that is excellent. They are still working on changes to address book, statistics for imap, port logging and choosing... lots of stuff.

mike, many people would possibly consider the html formatted emails as spam. Most of the html formatted things I get in email are spam, with very few exceptions (such as mass mails from apple etc).

you can always send any format mails in mutt - and in mail as attachments. why do you need to send them in html, by the way?

(woh, a reeeaaally old thread you just bumped ;) )

Back