Best mail app for OSX?

Your favorite mail apps? (Choose all you like or use)

• Mail.app

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • Entourage

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Eudora

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Outlook

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Aol (??)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Netscape, Mozilla or similars

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • mutt

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • qmail, kmail etc

• I use only webmail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terminal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

owaters

Registered
What do you think is the best email application for OSX?
I currently use Entourage but find it slow and sluggish, has a lot of features I just don't use.

However I need to do the following:
• Send HTML emails
• Have rules that I can set (like entourage)
• Multiple folders to organise emails
• Multiple email accounts

Any ideas?

Hmm. Mail can do all these things, and if you use mail, all the other services from addressbook and ical gets useful (like automatic mailnotification and stuff).

Entourage... but that's just me... It has a built in Calander feature that is way better than I-Cal.

Actually, Mail.app is the best email client I've tried to date...dunno about sending HTML mails (can recieve), but the rest it can surely do. And the spam filter really puts it over the top...

Netscape. It lets you edit the html files before you attach em to your email.
it also has a million features, like icq and aol, email, html editor, web browser, search bar, radio(coming soon for mac i think), and .... yeah that's all

I'm a big fan of Eudora. It's got all the features you listed. A PGP plugin is also available (although I hear Apple's Mail.app now has this too??).

Originally posted by satanicpoptart
true apple users use true apple programs.

down with shity third party programs!

Sorry I disagree... I like entourage X... :)

A PGP plugin is also available (although I hear Apple's Mail.app now has this too??).

Yes: GPGMail. I use this all the time and it is nicely designed and integrated.
There is also a GnuPGP plugin for Entourage.

Eudora is still why I live at the post office ;^)

Eudora's personalities make it simple to login - check and send - from multiple places without having to setup a different location.

Mail is nice, but I had trouble managing multiple accounts at various locations.

eudora -- for ever and always -- all other programs just vaporize in comparison -- a big complaint you hear about eudora is its old, archaic UI, but then again, eudora is also the only app that let's you disable the UI, which is why i prefer it -- also: which other email app let's you manage a couple of thousands email messages without eating away your CPU?

satanic, did you mean true *x persons use *x applications like mutt, vim, links etc ? :)

Originally posted by aisikl
eudora -- for ever and always -- all other programs just vaporize in comparison -- a big complaint you hear about eudora is its old, archaic UI, but then again, eudora is also the only app that let's you disable the UI, which is why i prefer it -- also: which other email app let's you manage a couple of thousands email messages without eating away your CPU?

absolutely. ax the buttons of the UI and it is clean and lean.

The database of outlook, entourage and mail make those apps sluggish, there have been threads here about that. I found Mail lagging after importing my old eudora mail and just a month of use. Maybe it's my specs, 300mHz iBook with mini-HD, but eudora never seems the choke, fresh or with years of old mail.

but seems like we're loosing ground in the poll ;^)

Originally posted by satanicpoptart
true apple users use true apple programs.

down with shity third party programs!

down with shoddy programs, but down with monopolies too. Long live the third-party developers, they challenge the oh-so-complaisant "whole widget" makers to keep innovating.

at the risk of being off-point, it was the clone makers that woke apple up to our need for speed.

*EDIT* to keep us on point... eudora was originally developed just for the mac. ;^)

Any of you guys tried GyazMail? It's UI is simmilar to Entourage, but it uses Aqau features, like customizable toolbar, etc. I love it :D

Mail is easy to use. Together with iCal, and Address Book, it is becoming more and more powerfull. This is even more important now that we can iSync... !

Mail seems to be the most seamless look and feel of the osx, and performs with the ease of osx as well. for trouble-free, simple email that "just works", Apple's Mail is the way to go for email on the Mac.

Back