Best Price on iBook RAM?

dmetzcher

Metzcher.com
I found that Crucial seems to have the best price (that I have found, anyway) on RAM for my iBook 12" (G4, 1.25 GHz).

Does anyone know of a better price for a 512 MB upgrade?
Is memory from Crucial a safe bet in terms of reliability and compatibility? I believe that I purchased RAM from them before for my PC and had no problems, but I can't recall if it was, in fact, from them.
Does anyone have experience purchasing iBook RAM from eBay? When I saw the price of Crucial memory, I stopped looking on eBay. I want it guaranteed, and Crucial does that.

Here is the link to the Crucial Web site where I found the RAM:
iBook 12" G4 1.25 GHz RAM at Crucial.com

ramseeker.com is your friend.

I have bought from 8004memory and from Other World Computing - satisfied with both.

Crucial's price is very high.

I found that with Crucial if you use their Memory Advisor to search for memory it will come up with a more expensive product. If you already know the type of RAM you need (eg. PC2100) then it's best to search by type.

Last month I bought a 1gb stick for my powerbook. Using the Advisor it came up with item # CT434204 at $365.99. I noted the specs for that item then did a search by RAM type and came up with item #CT12864X335 at $199.99. Both are EXACTLY the same. They even go to the same detail page. Of course I bought the cheaper one and it works fine.

I always buy from Crucial and have had good results. This practice seems a bit questionable, though.

pds said:
ramseeker.com is your friend.

Thanks for the info. Looks like they are listing Omni as the cheapest, which I saw before on eBay and forgot about. They have iBook RAM that seems to be the cheapest that I have found so far.

For the last 3 years, I've been buying only Crucial. In the UK, they are no more expensive than even the generic stuff, and I've never had a problem with Crucial. Good customer service, and reliable products.

That bit about Crucial having two prices for the same RAM borders on criminal and will keep me from ever buying their product. Once again, with due respect to the non-us purchaser, Coast to Coast (dba 1 800 4 memory) is very good. Many of their items have a lifetime guarantee (whatever that means;) ) And since its RAM is around 65% off the price of the Crucial stick - you don't have to sacrifice to join the boycott.

www.dealram.com

just like shopping.com, put in what RAM you want or what system finds the lowest to the highest price for ya...

I got ram on my Mom's Dell for 38 bucks on there.

Back