best software for Invoicing?

zynizen

Registered
Hello, quick question..

I need to know which software is the best for keeping track of business finances for the mac?

so far I have only seen quicken be able to do the job properly.
But when I was in the mac store the other day, they were using file maker pro, how is this achieved using filemaker, or which software is the best for keeping track of invoices, printing them, customer contact management, etc..

thanks for your help.

well, by best I meant, for putting together invoices, doing every so often record keeping, really I have only been using it on my pc for making invoices, but I guess other programs are out there made specifically for mac that do that.

I have some accounts I use to charge to the clients I have, and it works out well for the pc, but I recently saw there is no "specific" quicken business product for the mac., like there is XG for the pc.

Well, Quickbooks for the Mac is the default Mac business software. I'm not saying it's the best, I'm just saying it's kind of the standard. I tried MYOB, but I was so used to QB, that I gave up.

QB for the Mac is not as full-featured as the PC version (shocking, I know). You have a fairly limited area of text where you can type indescriptions for your hourly work. There is no collaboration or user access option (like different user access levels).

I have since switched to QB online. This allows me to let my coworkers access my account and enter their own hours without seeing my registers. I run it through Parallels Desktop and it works great. I could have just run QB for PC via Parallels, but I wanted to be able to view my accounts from home or anywhere.

QB is a fairly substantial app, so if your needs are minimal, it may be overkill.

yeh I realize the complexity of QB, but i also downloaded and tried out billings2, completely different.

You can use QB online? I'll stick with parallels and my pc version.. its easier that way.

Billings 1 rocks, so I'm sure Billings 2 is even better with all of its invoice personalization options.

Back