Best way to recover files?

RedHawk490

Registered
I recently lost some files that were supposed to have copied over to a Seagate 400gb firewire drive. I'm almost certain I confirmed the transfer, but after deleting the files from my G4 aluminum laptop, I removed the hardrive's image from the desktop. After waiting a few seconds I then unplugged the FW cable from the laptop. Then I got the message that the drive was improperly disconnected and I may have lost some data.

When I reloaded the drive the files were gone. Anyone have experience on the latest fastest/least expensive/most reliable way to recover those files? And yes, I know I should have a backup. Actually, I thought I did have a backup, but apparently not for this folder.

There are at least 42 files (mpeg, jpeg, aiff) missing - unreplaceable files needed to complete an overdue video project. Thanks a million. BTW, I'm running 10.3.9.

Mike

from experience shared in this forum look into diskwarrior and use the search feature for more on the subject

I have used DW to no avail and have exhausted my search in this forum. Virtual Lab has been suggested but I read some horrific reviews on them. I'm going to give Data Rescue a shot and see what happens. BTW, I would love to know why the drive did not disconnect when I removed the image from the desktop. This has happened too many times before.

Back