Best way to reinstall apps?

tinroots

Registered
I think I need to reinstall all of the Adobe CS2 suite. I get an error with Photoshop, but have ever had time to reinstall when working. I continuously get an error when I boot Photoshop CS2 to reinstall that something is missing. And if I hit the ok button on the error window, Photoshop still works, and as far as I have been able to tell, the only thing that doesn't work is opening files (double clicking) from the finder, or dragging them to the icon in the doc. But I have not tried to find everything that isn't working!

So, what's the best way? Do I reinstall over it all? Do I erase all Photoshop files? Do I erase all Adobe apps? Then reinstall? I am still under deadline and cannnnot loose InDesign or Photoshop, but can spend a few hours reinstalling. (if general opinion thinks all will be well) But I only have time to do this once.

Any ideas? Fixes? Suggestions on how best to clean it and reinstall it, without messsssing everything up?

If you have no third party 'Plug-Ins' (whose folder is located within the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' folder) also installed - locate, trash, and delete the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' folder.

If you do have third party 'Plug-Ins' (whose folder is located within the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' folder) also installed - remove the 'Plug-Ins' folder from the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' folder (such as to the parent folder of the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' folder). Then trash and delete the 'Adobe Photoshop CS2' folder.

Now, when opening (launching, running) the 'Adobe Installer' it will be possible to re-instal 'Adobe Photoshop CS2'.

Naturally, if you did removed the 'Plug-Ins' folder earlier - (I would) compare the newly created '/.../Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/' folder's contents (folder by folder) with those of the earlier relocated 'Plug-Ins' folder - moving only the additional items found in the earlier relocated 'Plug-Ins' folder (to the '/.../Adobe Photoshop CS2/Plug-Ins/' folder's respective folders). And / or reinstall the plug-ins files via their respective installer applications.

Back