Better late than never... MacWorld Photos!

TommyWillB

Registered
Okay, I have not read OSX.com since yesterday, so I'm sure I am WAY behind.

In any case here are my MacWorld San Francisco photos.

This took longer than I expected because I felt obligated to put iPhoto to work (also I had to go to work :))... However I was not content with the generic Web page iPhoto made. So instead I used it much like I've been using ImageCapture... to simply output the images and thumbnails for me.

(I use ColdFusion to generate the index pages, but I'm trying tofigure out how to do this using PHP as fast as I can.)

Hope I have something here that you have not seen yet.

after making that joke about graphics guys being bad spellrs (sic), you spelled ASPYR wrong. ok so it's not a real word, but funny anyway. :)

would have liked to see more crowd and show floor pics, since i saw all that stuff in the webcast anyway.

who's brain bandmiller or whatever?

thanks for sharing a little different perspective.

so as an 'experience', how was it for you?

sweet pics, man. I gotta question, is the average guy that goes to things allowed to bring in a camcorder? (i'm guessing not, but I am concidering going to the one nextyear...)

Oh I've got another question, is the big keynote at the beginning of the year always in San Fransisco since it's close to Cupertino?

Hehe, thanks for answering the newb. :D

Originally posted by free&unmuzzled
...who's brain bandmiller or whatever?
A local TV news guy... I was kind of amused because he was really short. (Maybe 5"2') I just assumed he'd be taller...

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
thanks for sharing a little different perspective.

so as an 'experience', how was it for you?
Last year was my first keynote. It was much more hectic for me then because I was late.

For all of the hype this time around, I expected much more. This one was a bit of a let down.

Also, Steve usually says things like "this thing is AWESOME" and this time he was more toned down saying things like "I hope you'll like it"... He seemed less sure of himself.

Originally posted by themacko
sweet pics, man. I gotta question, is the average guy that goes to things allowed to bring in a camcorder? (i'm guessing not, but I am concidering going to the one nextyear...)

Oh I've got another question, is the big keynote at the beginning of the year always in San Fransisco since it's close to Cupertino?

Hehe, thanks for answering the newb. :D
Yeah, the absolutely let cameras and camcorders in.

Don't forget that first and foremost the keynote is a media event... The more media coverage (even on people's personal Web pages) the better.

Originally posted by gumse
TommyWillB,

Thanx for the nice pics.
What gear did you use to take the QT.VR panorama.
When shopping for a digital camera I started at the OS X campatibility page. Based on that and a few other things I chose the Canon PowerShot G1.

The G1 has a cool feature to help you line up pictures intended to become panoramas. It also comes with the software to stitch them together... although it only runs as a Classic app.

So the camera and the included sofware was all that was necessary to stitch the pictures and export them as a QuickTime VR... It also will export as TIFF, JPEG, etc...

I also used this camera in it's movie mode to take that AVI... which ironically I can only get to work on my Mac and not my PC.

This camera is not the newest model and has some issues with the new iPhoto, but was a good buy and does a ton of stuff I would not even try on my 4 year old Sony Mavica .

Back