better or worse?

zoranb

Registered
Im talking about adobes cs5 compared to cs4, if anyone is working with 5 and has first hand impressions id appreciate it if he could share them with me

Absolutely... helps if you let me know which programs you use frequently, but on the basic level, A very cool new feature that benefits all users is the MiniBridge palette. Bridge is Adobe's version of file navigation (like finder), but is even more helpful and specific to files created by your adobe software or files that can be easily read by adobe cs5 (image files, animation files, vector artwork, etc). In past versions, Bridge was a standalone software program, now it exists inside of the programs as a small palette, except Illustrator CS5 (I know that sucks, but I'm sure it'll be integrated in the future).

Photoshops new Content Aware feature is pretty cool, it saves me a lot of time in enhancing old photos and manipulating images for ads. Watch this, it really captures it totally awesome awesomeness... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0aEp1oDOI

Illustrator has really cool Perspective Drawing tools which allow you to draw in perspective according to your perspective grid. In the past you would have to draw them from scratch. There is also the Bristle Brush which makes painting in illustrator look more realistic as it does in Photoshop. The new Shape Builder tool makes it easier to manipulate shapes that overlap - useful when you draw items that are made up of smaller shapes - and it's alot quicker and easier than the Pathfinder Palette.

A new program called Flash Catalyst sounds interesting, I haven't used it yet. But it seems like it makes it easier to create websites using Illustrator. You create graphics in Illustrator, then use Flash Catalyst to make them interactive. You can use Illustrator to update the appearance of the graphics without losing work or having to start over in Flash Catalyst.

InDesign CS5 makes it easier to have interactive documents, and even exporting them as swf files...

New Adobe CS Live enables you to easily communicate work, conference, and streamline the process from your desktop apps. This is more useful for people who need to communicate work to clients or peers.

Get the trials and test out the new basic features, it makes things a lot easier and quicker to accomplish tasks which use to take a lot longer to do.

Back