Big trouble! Can't open anything in 10.2!

Philip83

Registered
I just installed 10.2 .... and almost no app. will open.. i keep getting this errorlog: (in this case for Carracho)

2002-08-29 15:22:44.676 Carracho Server 1.0b7[379] CFLog (20): Application Launch Failure: The application "(null)" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "+<server><CarbonLib><CFMPriv_ImageCapture><>"
Launch failed with error code -2804
nbp_lookup: zip_getmyzone failed
nbp_lookup: zip_getmyzone failed

I get error code -2804 for all other apps too... please help!

Did you do a clean install or upgrade of the new OS?
Try running Disk Utility from the CD and see if that can correct things.

I did a clean install, and kept the settings.
I ran the Disk Utility from the CD and it repaired some stuff, but the problem remains! >=((((

Do a reinstall of the OS. Boot from the CD, then do not erase the drive, just install the OS. It will not harm your documents or applications. That should correct things.

I have another tip for a clean install if this does not work.

I had a problem where everytime I would control+click something to get a contextual menu the particular app I did it in would quit. NO MATTER WHAT APP IT WAS! I did an archive and install and kept my settings. This did not work. Next I tried archive and install without keeping my settings. THIS WORKED!!! 10.2 runs beautifully now!! Just remember to move your prefs and documents into your new "users" folder from your old one in the "Previous Systems" folder. I Love 10.2 now!!! It did kinda suck to redo everyting but it only took an hour or so for everything after the install.

They told me that they'd never heard of this before. We came to the conclusion that I have to format my HD. so i gues ill try that..

Back