Bill of Materials not found "Powerbook G4"

jatdipasand

Registered
Hello there,

I have a powerbook G4 currently running with 10.3.9 OS on it. When I try to install any application on the mac, it gives me an error message " The bill of materials for this package was not found". It gives me the same error for any application I try to install on it. I do not have the Mac OSx installation discs as well. I have the setup files in another mac that I have. But I cannot create a CD as well since my powerbook does not run any CD inserted into it. It simply spits it out after 30 seconds. So I was wondering IF there was any other way like a Firewire or a USb method to install the operating system on my powerbook.
Please help me out, it would be much appreciated

Thanks!!!

hi i was wondering if you found a solution to your problem as i amm having the same issue now. i was given a power book g4 with os 10.3.9. and the same thing, i cant install anything on it. all i get is that bill of materials error msg. im new to mac to so that doesn help much, any advice wud be appreciated. thanks

The 'missing bill of materials' error will meant that OS X needs to be reinstalled. Do you have the 10.3 reinstall disks, or the original restore disk set ? Boot to that installer, and choose the Option for an Archive & Install.
When that completes, run Software Update until the system is fully up-to-date again.

Back