Binary Newsgroup Downloader for Mac OS X

rift065

Registered
Hey, I have been using PCs for a long long time and I just recently switched. Well i was using a program called Grabit on PC for downloading movies, programs, etc from binary newsgroups. I need a program like this for mac and it's driving me crazy trying to find one. If anyone knows of anything please let me know!!! thanks!

that really isn't what i was looking for.. I can't search for a specific movie or program with it. with Grabit I could find virtually anything.. with that, well I couldn't really find anything. I just need a program that will allow me to search for and find binaries for movies, programs, music, etc...

well as far as I know unison is better than any other binary downloader out there even with pc.... if thats what you want why not go to some website that post whats upload to the binaries server(www.newzbin.com) then do your search for your specific file/program your looking for

what I meant is search your file thru this site>>> www.newzbin.com>>> after that, get the address of where the program is at like alt.binaries.something.something..... thats what you will search in Unison.. it will shows everything that is available thru that address of binaries...

Unison is a binaries file downloader> which means that it does not specifically look for the file but basically everything that is available to what address you specify for. hope this helps.. you need to subscribe to a Usenet provider also

Downloading Movies, Music, Programs.. etc.. is probably illegal. I am sure you are only downloading public domain stuff.. right?

Personally I could care less about Movies and Music... but don't take from the software developers. If the Mac developers can't make a living.. well, then using a Mac won't be so special without great software.

Back