Bind failed on port 139 Mac OS X Server

justin.stevens

Registered
I noticed windows services wasn't running today which I usually have running on OS X Server. After checking the log i noticed the following:

[2002/02/27 16:15:58, 0] /SourceCache/sambax/sambax-26/source/lib/util_sock.c:eek:pen_socket_in(820)
bind failed on port 139 socket_addr=0.0.0.0 (Address already in use)

I suspect that playing with one of two packages or both may have caused this problem, Connectix Virtual PC and / or Dave from Thursby... Can anyone please suggest a quick way for me to restore Windows Services to its original state or else clear the error? If it involves command line please post the commands as my Unix skills are rather rusty! Thank you in advance.

Justin stevens

Thanks for that... I thought I had uninstalled Dave although I just did it again and everything is back to normal.

I am running Mac OS X Server with one Mac OS X client and two Windows XP Professional clients. The windows machines can browse the server in network neighbourhood no problem however I don't see the cdrom. Is there a way of sharing it across the network? That is why I was trying Dave, but surely I should be able to do it normally, no?

Thanks again.

Justin

I worked out how to set shares... I successfully did it on the Macintosh HD and couldn't work out why the CDRom share (which though I had set up) wasn't showing in windows network neighbourhood... I think I was setting the share attributes for the cd that was mounted at the time as opposed to setting it for the CDRom itself. Question now is how do I share the CDRom using the Mac OS X Server GUI? By default a users home directory is visible as well as select folders under 'Macintosh HD'... But how does one access the relevant 'volumes' folder in which I presume the CDRom sits? Or have I got it all wrong!?!? Any suggestions anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!!!

Kind Regards,

Justin

Back