Bitdefender on Win 7 HP Bootcamp Very Slow?? Please HELP

liuskusuma

Registered
Hi, I've just install bitdefender both on my MacOS and Bootcamp Win7 Home Premium. Bitdefender seems to work fine on MacOS nut very2 slow on the Win7 Home Premium, as slow as 0-1 files/second.

Anyone experience the same problem and solutions?

Thanks

Bitdefender is not the only free antivirus utility for the Mac. In fact, Bitdefender is free to to try, but it is fee-based. Quite frankly, I am very suspicious of software that downloads based on a single-click on a link on a webpage about a different product. The only purpose of Mac antivirus software is to disinfect Windows files that you receive on your Mac partition(s). If you handle all of your Windows files via your Windows installation, then antivirus software serves no useful purpose.

I strongly recommend that you forget about Bitdefender. On your Windows partition, install antivirus software that has a reputation for effectiveness. On your Mac partition(s), drop Bitdefender like a bad habit. If you want to use your Mac to disinfect Windows files, then install an antivirus utility that really is free and has a reputation for effectiveness and for not interfering with the operation of your computer.

Last edited:
The thing is I bought the Bitdefender coz it has been reliable to me on my previous machine (Dell with windows XP). Do you think the clash on each other sin I install it on both MacOS and Win7?

The thing is I bought the Bitdefender coz it has been reliable to me on my previous machine (Dell with windows XP). Do you think the clash on each other sin I install it on both MacOS and Win7?
Antivirus software on your Mac partitition cannot protect you from viruses while booted into Windows and vice-versa. Also, you cannot install Windows software--not Bitdefender or anything else--while running MacOS X. You need to be booted into Windows. As for Bitdefender for the Mac, I strongly suggest that you uninstall it. I recommend that you use a Windows antivirus utility from a mainline developer. Antivirus software is security software. It makes no sense to use security software from a fly-by-night company.

Comment: There appears to be a growth industry in antivirus software--for the Mac as well as Windows. In the case of one title of Mac antivirus software, the developer bundled a Windows utility with WINE to produce the Mac version. I am aware of no change in the threat to justify the increase in the number of offerings. There were zero (0) MacOS X viruses in the wild ten years ago. There are zero today. Windows is still susceptible to viruses. However, it is not more susceptible than it was years ago. Companies like Bitdefender are preying on fear and, in many cases, creating it.

Back