Black rectangle in Leopard

Mr_Spencer

Registered
I installed Leopard a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday it developed an annoying black rectangle which appears in various applications. For instance in Photoshop (CS3) it seems to take on the shape of the scrollbar then appears at random over the image. In entourage it will take the shape of the subject bar and then appear above the first couple of lines of the email. Also icons on the desktop have a black rectangle around them when clicked. I've done a search on Google and one answer points to Universal Access but the suggested answer doesn't work. Also restart, shut down and logout are duplicated in the apple menu. Any ideas please?

Sounds like "Voice Over", a setting in System Preferences, in the "Universal Access" pane. Turn it off (Command+F5) and the rectangles'll probably go away...

Thanks for saving my sanity. I've got a big job on colouring in cartoons for a client and that b****y rectangle was driving me crazy.

Another thank you to 'elander.' I had the same black rectangles and would never have guessed at the solution without 'elender's' advice

Back