Blank accounts pane

jhogan

Registered
Recently we have experienced this problem on a couple of machines. One of which is a kiosk which has a few users whom use it. The other is an x-serve in one of our remote offices. I have tried the following which I saw on a forum:
1. Quit System Preferences

2. In the Finder, open up your user folder, then open Library, then Caches. Drag com.apple.preferencepanes.cache to the trash.

This hasn't fixed the problem, the files did indeed get created again upon launching system preferences again.

Both the machine and the server have been joined to Active Directory. (Both were joined months ago, not a recent change. Just stating that information in case of it being needed.) I tried to check via netinfo manager to look for a user with null information as someone elsewhere had stated could be the source of the problem. No luck there either, though perhaps I over looked something or am merely not looking for the right information.

Any help/feedback on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• snapshot1.jpg
    snapshot1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 8
If your running OS X Server then you should be managing accounts with Workgroup Manager. I'll need to look at my server in the morning, but I don't think I've ever been to the Accounts System Prefs on a Server before.

Sorry, I should have clarified. This is for the local administrator account on the machine. Granted I can just issue passwd from the terminal and change the password that way. However this problem has been occurring for another machine *not server* that has a local administrator account as well.

Back