Blank Hard Disk System Install with External DVD Firewire

BrianL74

Registered
I have a G3 (bondi blue) that curently has a completely blank hard disk. I have tried installing Tiger from an external LaCie Firewire DVD+/-R/RW drive with no luck.

I have tried starting up holding down the C Key as well as trying the Option key. But neither has worked. I still get the folder icon with the "?".

I can't be more specific about the internals of the G3 (but I suspect it is factory). I'm trying to set this up as an iTunes computer in our store.

I read an earlier thread about this and some people were able to do it. But nothing that worked for them has worked for me.

Any help is appreciated.

The bondi blue iMac didn't have Firewire, so I suspected that as a factor, but you say it's connected via Firewire, so I doubt it's a bondi blue one. ;) Which is it?

It's not the iMac. It's the G3 tower in the same blue/green case. And yes, it has one firewire port. This is the first of the G3 line that didn't have the beige box...

But all of that is besie the point. The question is how to I get it to start up and recognize the install disk in the DVD drive.

Back