Blasts hit London

Yea I finally got through to him last night :D. He was stuck in the mass of traffic trying to leave london and luckily in south london when it happened

mw84 said:
Yea I finally got through to him last night :D. He was stuck in the mass of traffic trying to leave london and luckily in south london when it happened
That's great news, mw84! I'm really pleased to hear this. :)

mw84 said:
Thank heavens! I'm so pleased, I think a lot of us have had worries in the last 24 hours.

I read in an article today that police presence on the tube this morning was quite sparse which I found surprising. I have to travel on the tube in two weeks time so last night I cancelled my tickets and rebooked them 30 mins earlier because I thought there might be delays due to security checks. It seems that wasn't necessary :rolleyes:

Shookster - a silly question, if I may, just a cultural ignorance factor...

Am I correct in thinking that "The tube" is the subway system? Commuter rail? In short, the same system that was bombed?

I ask, because at least in the Cleveland area, you actually can't book tickets weeks in advance on our commuter trains. I mean, you can buy the tickets in advance, but they aren't for a specific time or date - they're good for whenever you walk up and decide to get on...

Yeah, the tube is the underground.

It's just that I live about 80 miles away from London so I have to catch the train to London Waterloo and then switch to the tube. I can catch the tube train at any time, but obviously the time I catch it is limited by the time I arrive at London Waterloo.

Back