blue screen of death

mrfluffy

OmniWeb Convert
This isnt a lost PC user, a couple of times when i've started up os X.1 I've had a very dark navy blue tint on the screen, it means that work is impossible. A restart has sorted it out, and there doesn't seem to be any permanent tint, only on the odd occasions. Any ideas on why?

OS 10.1 and 9.2.1 iMac DV (lime) 400, DVD, 320, 10GB.

Thanks

Don't have any idea what could be causing it, but try booting into single user mode (hold command-s at startup) and then type fsck -y. This is unix's disk repair and checker (i run it about once a week). After you run it and get a message telling you the disk is okay, type logout and restart. If this doesn't fix your problem, I don't know what to tell you. The problem could because you are running OS X on an unsupported video card (in older, but still "supported" macs).:confused:

weird indeed...

Back before the GM of 10.1, in some of the *ahem* internal builds of 10.1 the DVD Player would sometimes crash and do the same thing: everything had turned an odd dark shade of green. It usually took two reboots to clear it up.

Anyway, do you use a custom ColorSyc profile for your screen? If it got corructed, that might cause such a problem.

yes I have this same problem, and so do a lot of others as I'm looking into it. I also have an 400 imac dv, although I think it can happen with any tube moniter. Here's a link to one of the other threads talking about this
http://www.press3.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7330

also here's a reply of mine on another thread

I've been having this problem on occasion with my imac too. Also someone else posted the same problem on their imac. I just comes and goes randomly, usually just restarting it fixes it, which is why you probably thought it was fixed by straightening your pins. This only started to happen after I got osx, but still happens sometimes when I boot up in os9. I don't know. Someone thought it could be a vidio card problem, or a tube problem in the monitor (which I doubt since my mac is not that old). I'm starting to think it's a wierd software problem, or driver thing or something (yeah I'm not too knowledgable about such things). Anyone else having an occasional wierd screen experience?

I hope someone can help here. This is really frustrating. It took me 6 restarts this morning before it came on correctly.

Back