Blue Screen, Spinning Cursor at shutdown

Originally posted by Swrdfshtrombone
I had this exact same problem a couple weeks back (although when I posted the issue, not one person replied :(. You managed to get 2 pages worth!).

Yeah, I've had a couple of posts like that. What I did in that situation was to request personal help from a Press3 volunteer. The advice that I got led me to a fix! I was quite pleased. :)

Ok, I can conceed that norton is a little bit of a poofter, and I'm all for uninstalling him and his friends. Well, I might keep the firewall protection, because it's the only one that I seem to understand easily.

but what do I use to in it's place?

I am aware of Drive 10 / techtool pro / Diskwarrior and the like. But I don't know of a file tracking program that will allow me to "undelete" files.

Back when apple screwed up with iTunes 2, and deleted 120GB of my files, Norton volume recover saved my bottom.

Is there a suitable alternative?

thanks.

PS. I too had been having problems logging off. Basically everything that this thread was about...I second it. =)

On a separate post OS 10.1.5 and Norton file saver. The two are not compatible. turned off file saver and problem stopped. Symantec is aware there is a problem.

FOR ME THE bleu screen is not finish !!!

the only norton i have is version 6
and is installed on another partition than osX
(on a mac os 9.2.2)
and i installed it without filesaver

so for my blue screen boot problem norton isn't a cause !
still can't boot on 10.1.5 by now !
:-((

Back