Blue screen start up Cant login frm Darw

Gaudis2

Registered
Mac G4 OS X 10.4 tiger,

I created a new user the previous evening and shut the computer down as normal, now when i start up I get nothing but a blue screen no login in screen nothing.
I tried going into the command as root, have done fix disk errors no problems there, then tried lunchctl load/Users/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.................plist cant rember the bit in between.
I did this from the apple website, but all i get is no file to load, so anyway continued to do ls users/
get the names and tried reseting the password for the login's and i get a odd error.
I have no idea where to go from here, as i cant find the original discs, can i use mybrothers os x 10.5 discs to re-install and save the files i want to keep and do a clean install?
Thanks
Michael
ps it's not even my computer its the missus's one which and she has stored all her files on and not backed up!!!!

I got a old emac and deleted on of the users and it froze up. It was seleting for appx. 30 mins. I held in the power button to shut it off.

Now when I Start OS X it come up white and stays there and SOMETIMES after a long time it will just come up blue with no icons or images.

Emac

Has

OS X and 9.2 On the same partition

Ok, as the problem seems to be with one account (on the first above), this may work

1. Boot into single-user mode (command-S during startup)
2. Once the command-line prompt appears, type the following (one line at a time, then enter):

mount -uw /
cd /private/var/db/netinfo
mv local.nidb local.old
rm ../.AppleSetupDone
exit

Back