Blue Screen

cheekybeef

Registered
Morning all,

I have been getting an intermittent blue screen after startup during the finder. It is the same screen as the one when you boot a Mac, before the startup screen appears. The entire screen goes blue for a few seconds and then returns back to OS X. I am using a Mac mini G4 1.42 / 1GB / OS X 10.4.8. I have flushed the P RAM which has reduced the frequency of the screen, buton occasions it still appears.

Anyone else had this problem, or know how to rectify it? Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hey Daubo,

I did have a FireWire Solo audio interface plugged in, and since unplugging it the problem has not occured again. Not sure if it's just coincidence, but do you have anything like that attached to your Mac?

Ben

Hi,

This started after I had a USB card reader for a digital camera plugged in through a hub, which I disconnected a few days ago but still had the problem. Anyway on your advice that it may be peripheral based I've disconnected the hub and reconnected it (only the hub) and since then no more problems... but we'll see. thanks.

Hey I figured it out! - this is the "Detect Displays" function happening - the computer does it whenever it detects a change of monitor. I had a loose DVI-to-VGA cable which seemed to trigger this frequently. Try messing with your display cables or go to the display settings.

-pv

Back