Bluetooth and Nokia 3650

Kiwi Mike

Registered
Hi....
Has any one had problems with B/T and iSync ?

I have finally installed 10.2.6 and all the other B/T updates but the contacts in my 3650 will not sync with address book any ideas, I can send files via bluetooth ok ? and the Palm IIIc works ok with hotsync and isync

Ideas advice appreciated.......

I've tried out BlueTooth with the Nokia 3650 and found the combination to be a little hit-and-miss. While I had no trouble with file transfers and accessing the net through the phone, I couldn't get it to sync with the Address Book either.
I hope this is a temporary problem with the 1.1 release of iSync and will be corrected soon.

Hmmm, I have a 3650 and haven't had any trouble syncing it with the Mac, nor my Tungsten T. I do have 1.1 though.

Kiwi Mike, didn't you have a 7250? You swopped? How do you compare the two? I'm still digging my 3650, but I'm such a gadget whore and the 6600 coming out at year's end looks sweet.

The problem I have is iSync using B/T the contacts in the 3650 and conatcts in Apple Address book or Entourage just will not work yet can send files via B/T to 3650 form iMac no problem

Yea I upgraded, I kept running out of memeory on the 7650 plus the camera, battery size better and size more comfortable but don't like the rotary dial on the 3650

When the 6600 comes out depending on price may upgrade seems to have all the missing features except touch screen like P800;)

Randman can you access your Nokia contact list and then isync it with address book what about Entourage ?

My palm will isync ok but not Nokia yet I can send files via B/T to cell ?

I still cannot can you check you setup and let me know thanks Mate

I too have a 3650 and I am unable to sync using iSync 1.1 I get an error message that says "Could not establish connection" and "Device unavailable".

I am also unable to pass a single vCard to my phone through Address Book. It just spins endlessly when conecting to the phone. This is not as big an issue because I can simply drag the vCard to the Desktop and send it via bluetooth.

Besides the problems I am having with iSync, I love the phone. My boss was trying to talk me into the Sony T68i but it doesn't shake a stick at my 3650.

All bluetooth phone user should check out the caller I.D. feature Address Book offfers. When your phone is connected and address book is opened, address book will show a caller I.D. pop up screen when someone calls your phone (so long as the person is in your contact list). Really cool.

Anyone else syncing a 3650 successfully?

I have the Nokia 3650 and I had some problems syncing at first, but I worked them out. The main issue would arrise if the two devices (my laptop and the phone) were not paired. After you enable the bluetooth connection on the phone, go to the bluetooth status in the menu bar and select like search for bluetooth devices. Once you see your phone pair with it and all should be good.

What kind of bluetooth cards are you guys using that are having problems? Let's try to get some common factors and narrow down the problem.

-Juxel

If you have a 3650, what exactly can you Sync? Just address book data, and iCal's? How about the photo's / movies, can you retrieve them, to your PC, from the 3650 on a Mac?

I sometimes have this problem, too. Just try again, and again, and again. Sometimes you have to reset the phone to get it to start. Usually it connects fine on second try for me.

Just wanted to add the following good news: Newer Panther builds with iSync 1.2 fully support the 3650, including iCal support!

Yep, and not only that, it works fine, too. Haven't had any problems, besides that sometimes the connection simply doesn't want to start. However, as I've said previously, shutting off BT and back on on the N3650 usually solves the problem, as on second try it just works. (Yet: There's either a bug in iSync or the N3650 firmware that has to be solved.)

Back