Bluetooth and Nokia 6600 - help required!

cockneygeezer

Registered
Dear all,

I have a friend that has a Nokia 6600. She came to me yesterday at work because she heard that I had a bluetooth laptop. She asked if she could get the photo files off her phone so she could email them to her relatives in another country.

"No problem" I said, "I've got a Mac :)". Connecting or should I say pairing with the mobile phone was really easy, and the friend was very impress in how simple is was. But, when we came to "Browse Device" so we could get the files of her phone, it just didn't work.

Is there something wrong with the Mac, or is it the phone? I am running the latest MacOS , 10.3.8. Unfortunately, I didn't ask my friend was version of OS was on her phone, sorry. I did try to create a folder on her phone, but the error was Bad request.

Does anybody know if this is a known problem and if so, is there a workaround? Is it my Mac, or is it her phone?

I've looked on various Forums to see if anyone else is have the same problem and I just can't find one. In fact, it seems that a lot of people are having success...

Help will be gratefully received.

Regards

She could just go into her gallery, mark which photos she wanted to transfer, then hit send > via bluetooth. Much simpler than setting it up to browse.

Randman said:
She could just go into her gallery, mark which photos she wanted to transfer, then hit send > via bluetooth. Much simpler than setting it up to browse.

Funny you mention that one, because we tried that as well! We went to Gallery, Send via, Bluetooth and the name of my Mac.

If I remember rightly, the error message was that the phone couldn't see it because two or more Bluetooth ports were running, or something of that description.

I have a feeling that it's her phone, but not knowing nothing about that model, I dont know what I am doing.

Any other hints? :)

Hi,

I can tell you how I do it,

I have a nokia 3660 and a nokia 7650 and I am sure that the 6600 has the smae symbian OS with a little update.
[phone side]
now just go to the images from the menu. ioen the image and then chose press options then send and via BLUETOOTH. in this moment your friend's phone will start looking for devices.
[mac SIde]
Make sure that your bluetooth is on and also DISCOVERABLE.

NOw going back at the nokia is your mac sumbits to the conditions aboce. No problem. the 6600 will find the mac and start transfering. click accept on the mac and that is it.

If you also want to pair the two devices that is another story. Pairing implies internet connection sync etc but for picture transfers there is no need for that.

all the best.

Back