Bluetooth hardware does not support headsets?

slevytam

Registered
Hi,

I am trying to setup a motorola hs850 with a kensington bluetooth usb dongle (33085).

The dongle is recognized just fine however whenever i attempt to search for a headset I get this message. "failed to set up the headset. headsets are not supported on your bluetooth hardware."

If I try to search for "any device" it does find the headset but i get a error and it will not continue.

This dongle does support headsets as it works just fine on my pc. I have tried to find a firmware update but have not been able to....

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

slevytam

Hi!

I have the EXACT same problem, but with a different headeset (Scala 500) and different usb dongle (zoom)!

I just joined macosx.com. Have you found a solution?

Thanks.

Alright. I do not have a solution, but I DO have relavent information. I also have a Scala bluetooth headset, and I configured it, and it worked just fine with my PowerBook G4 with BUILT-IN BlueTooth. However, I have a D-Link BlueTooth dongle that I use with my desktop Mac at work, and I got the same "not supported" message with the D-Link BlueTooth dongle... so... I guess, basically, it matters if the DONGLE supports headset features.... hmmmm.....

Anybody know a dongle that DOES support headsets, besides Apple's built in option?

It doesn't even matter whether the dongle supports headsets. The only thing that matters here is that _Apple_, in its Bluetooth drivers, only lets proven hardware support certain features. Which basically means that only Apple's own BT hardware supports headsets currently. Too bad...

Back