Bluetooth Headsets

jswitch

Registered
Okay so I folded and got a bluetooth dongle for my PowerMac AGP based Sawtooth I have a Sonnet 1Ghz processor 640 Ram and Panther. Got the dongle to connect to my nokia 6230 (using phonedirector app until Apple adds this phone to iSync). Anyway now that ive got the blue bug I started researching for a wireless headset I am all set to buy a Nokia HS4W when I thought of something... I have heard about using bt headsets for VoIP but how about straight up telephony type stuff??? Is there a program out there for the mac (preferably free) that would allow me to pair the headset to the it and use the internal modem to land line phone calls with the mac???? if there is id like to investigate the supported headsets before making my final decision. I man talk aboout "the hub to your digital life" if this was do-able. Ive switched and Im never going back

Hi jswitch and welcome to the forum.
Which bluetooth dongle did you buy? If it is anything else but the d-link dbt-120, you can forget about using a bluetooth headset.
However, once you got your headset work with your mac (with the d-link you can actually pick any bluetooth headset) you can use any phone dialer apps such as Jon's Phone Tool - 2.3.

Yup i got the dlink dongle. Ive found phone dialers before but I am looking for telephony apps that would make use of a voice enabled modem to not only dial the phone number but to also be the conduit through which the BT headset would send and receive the voice through the land line.

Similar to this idea I have seen on ebay BT adapter boxes for land line phones however this solution is not quite as elegant considering it requires a seperate pieve of hardware and would not benefit from the features I have seen in windows based telephony packages like answering machine, caller id, and integration into address book.

Back