Bluetooth, iSync and Nokia 7650

martijnvandijk

Registered
I have an iMac, OS 10.2 and a Nokia 7650 (no Bluetooth adapter yet). Now all the talking is about using iSync with the Ericsson phones, but I was wondering if anyone already found out if it is possible to use it with the Nokia bluetooth enabled phones so I might consider buying the adapter?
Thanks,

Martijn

Sorry, I don't think Americans are considered worthy of any decent mobile telephonic equipment. I haven't even seen any of the fancy new phones you guys have in stores over here.

Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong stores...In any case: they're not prevalent, and I'm sorry to say I don't have one to test out (though I have the D-Link USB Bluetooth adapter).

-Rob

rharder the trick is not to look in US stores, or carrier-stores lol. They only sell you what they want to sell you :p -- its a powertrip thing lol. I buy my phones unlocked from the UK online :D

As for teh 7650 and nokia phones in general,
nokia and motorola will probably be following suit with the iSync initiative, its a quick and rather inexpensive way for them to marker their phones to mac users, and they dont even have to make the software ;). from what I heard iSync can "learn" about other kinds of formats so it might be easy to sync such devices :)

Sounds nice. I HOPE iSync is gonna work on IrDA, too, since both my TiBook and my cool mobile phone have that instead of BlueTooth.

my tower doesnt have an Ir port :p --- my PDA and my T68 have BT.... but my 8890 & newton have only Ir....

Sory to say, but...

At least here in Finland (, where is the Nokia-Headquaters), they have said, that they are not gonna support mac-platform, but maybe then, if they don't have to make any applications...But, you never know...

nokia are so arrogant :p
take a look at the whole triband issue :p
havent bought a nokia in 2 years, and never will again unless they reform themselves :)

Back