Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

jpace25

Registered
I have a Powerbook G4 1.5 Ghz running 1.5 GB ram. I have internal bluetooth with both the apple bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Both periphals worked just fine for several months until a couple months ago. I don't often lose the connection to the mouse, but the tracking is highly erratic, especially if it is more than 2 feet away from the computer. The keyboard seems to have a sticky key issue. Often, a single key when pressed will continue to repeat until the keyboard is shut off. This can be very frustrating when the delete key sticks. I have played around with the repeat rate and other settings, updated all of the firmware, reinstalled my OS and updated to the latest 10.3.8. Nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else dealt with a similar problem? I plan to call Apple Support in the morning, but I appreciate any other feedback. Thanks

I have a friend who uses Microsofts wireless keyboard and mouse on a wintel pc

He finds that if you put them too close together, or put the keyboard between the reciever and the mouse, then the mouse stops working correctly...

Mine seems to work fine, and I regularly carry my keboard into another room to control iTunes. Do you have any other BlueTooth devices, either installed on your Mac or somewhere in the surrounding twenty metres? Perhaps something is interfering.

Back