Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse?

Unfortunately not. Here's something from a post on the Apple Bluetooth discussion forum:

"The Human Interface Device (HID) Bluetooth profile is not yet final and consequently Apple has not adopted it yet."

Maybe Apple's waiting until they put out their own BT mice/keyboards before they implement it. If that's the case, I sure hope they put a 2nd button and a wheel on the mouse.

And so continues the discussion of Apple and two button mice. :rolleyes: ::Tries his best to steer the conversation away from that::
It would be neat to have a wireless keyboard and mouse from Apple though. You could probably put the mouse on a charger, but how would the keyboard recharge? :confused:

I have a wireless logetech keyboard that I have used for over a year on the first set of batteries. And that is with lots of typing. The mouse doesn't last as long about a month and a half to two months on 2 AA batteries. So I don't know if it really would be necessary to make the keyboard rechargeable I'm willing to change the batteries every year or two. ;)

-Eric

10.2.5 is out!

In their knowledge base article they note

- Bluetooth Setup Assistant now works with certain Microsoft keyboards and mouse devices.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25405

Has anyone with a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse or keyboard upgraded and tested it on 10.2.5?

Would like to know the outcome before I go buy a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse.

Originally posted by lurk
I have a wireless logetech keyboard that I have used for over a year on the first set of batteries. And that is with lots of typing. The mouse doesn't last as long about a month and a half to two months on 2 AA batteries. So I don't know if it really would be necessary to make the keyboard rechargeable I'm willing to change the batteries every year or two. ;)

-Eric

I had a wireless mice and I had to change batteries like you, too often. I had a LogiTech and they really dont make bad periphery but I guess the technique isnt that far that we have good wireless mouses.

And why do you guys need wireless keyboards?

I worked for Bayer a little bit - made allthe video conferences to Japan, America, England etc. with 4 ISDN connections (was a really cool experience) I had this little Keyboard that was wireless and had a mice in it. So you hold it with your left hand and with the thum you move the miceball, the right hand types. Cool stuff. But nothing for home I would say.

Back