Bluetooth Mouse Messing Up

coolio2654

Registered
You guys probably heard about this problem. I have the magic mouse, and connect it to computer using bluetooth (late 2007 iMac, 10.5.7). Long ago, when I would put computer to sleep, and kept mouse on, it would wake computer with a click and everything was perfect. However, sometimes I turn the mouse off to save energy while putting computer to sleep. So when I wake the computer and it goes to the password screen, I have to wait for the mouse to pair up with the comp. once again before I can input anything to unlock the screen. Once in a while, however, the mouse absolutely refuses to pair up with the comp, leaving me staring at my password screen, unable to unlock the password input bar, and having to reset my computer. Why does this happen? I sometimes managed to input my pass without my mouse, but even then my mouse doesn't automatically pair up with my comp like it used to. I checked its batteries, all good, and its signal is also good because my manual pairing-up assistant worked thank god or I would not be writing this. I repeat again, why does this happen? my settings are set to automatically turn on the assistant if no mice are connected but my comp acts as if no mouse at all was outputting a signal without me telling it's there for a fact. Kudos to anyone who can save loads of my time from falling into the oblivion my adorable, but stupid, mouse (or mac) creates.

I don't know how to solve your problem, but you can save yourself a lot of worry by investing in a cheap USB mouse to use as back-up.

Back