Bluetooth Not found on iMac G5 20"

udlose2

Registered
Hopefully this was not covered somewhere else, but I searched and only found issues with Bluetooth on Powerbooks and typically only concerning when the version was updated. I purchased a iMac G5 20" on Friday ( I have already installed Tiger ) and have enjoyed it this past weekend until the Bluetooth failed. On the initial bootup the wireless keyboard and mouse paired up no problem. I have also not done any software updates or other odd things happen in between the time they were functioning fine and when the Bluetooth quit. Last night the keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working and at first I thought they maybe just lost their connection/pairing somehow, but then i noticed the Bluetooth symbol in the Menu bar had a line thru it and said it cannot be found. In the system profiler it says no description available either. I tried a few sleep-wake cycles and also a couple reboots, but to no avail. I read somewhere else that "zapping the pram" has fixed similar problems. I will try to "zap the pram" tonight unless someone thinks this may cause more harm than good. Has anyone else had a similar problem or other ideas, suggestions as to how to fix?

p.s. I am a newbie with Apples, just converted! A little discouraging though that after spending that much money I am already having issues after only a couple of days.

Nevermind, I found a ton of posts concerning this exact same issue at Apple Solutions. Seems this is a widespread and well known issue with no fix, only a work around.

Back