Bluetooth problem

bearwil

Registered
After startup of my Intel iMac with Snow Leopard bluetooth works fine for a while but then it starts giving problems. The first sign is a no more functioning caps lock LED in my keyboard. It happens with both my small alu one and my old big white one. This can be somewhat of a pain in the somewhere when you're typing a password and don't know if caps are on or not. From that moment on I see that it's getting pretty hard to connect my smart phone to the Mac and when my magic mouse looses its connection, p.e. when I have to change the batteries, it isn't able to reconnect at all and I have to reboot the machine after which BT works perfect for a period of time.
I've tried a lot of things to get it working properly. Repaired permissions, reset PRAM and SMC, threw away bluetooth.plist, but the problem keeps returning. I looked if I could remove a BT app and re-install a fresh one, but couldn't find anything. So help is very welcome.

Sounds like a failing BT card. Best way to test is to try another card. If its under Applecare take it to an authorized repair center. If its out of warranty, you can do the same but it will cost some money to have it verified.

Back