Bluetooth Questions?

Is the version of Bluetooth software included in jaguar complete?
Or are we still dealing with Bluetooth Technology Preview 2.1?

Has anyone used an Ericsson T68m with Jaguar's Bluetooth software?

As far as I can tell, the Bluetooth code in 10.2 is pretty much complete. The only issue I know of is that Addressbook won't automatically reconnect to a Bluetooth phone if it moves out of and back into range, but the Mac will autosense the paired Bluetooth device for other purposes (like dialup modem connections etc).

I use a TiBook with my T68 via bluetooth (D-Link adapter) and have no problems with file transfers, address book synchs & incoming call notification (a la Macworld NY keynote) and dial-up internet connections via GPRS.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

James

james.hodge --- Thanks I appreciate the input!

I too aquired the D-Link adapter, but I have been a bit reluctant with the purchase of a mobile phone. There arent that many choices for mobile phones using bluetooth technology. But, I do like the T68m.

I also like the SonyEricsson P800 but once again, the release date got pushed back again, (December! Uhhh)

I'm in the middle of moving all my XP stuff into my Mac and Im picky when it comes to my PIM. (I wont lie, I like MS products but I think that Ical, Address Book and Mail are now giving Entourage some good comp.) Now I got to choose witch one I will stick with. So far the apple apps convincing me....

I have reinstalled the whole OSX system and I have lost bluetooth facilities. I can't install it following the procedure through BSD subsystem etc.
Somebody can help me?

When I first got my first Bluetooth adaptor, none of the options for BT would show up until I had rebooted with the adaptor attached. Weird. It only happened that way on one machine. The other machines would show the options more-or-less immediately on restart of the System Preferences app.

Jack -- I have the t68i (which is essentially the same thing as the t68m, with SonyEricsson branding), and it works great. With iSync, I can sync up my address book, calendar, etc. as well as use the phone as a (slow, 9.6kbps) wireless modem. The only catch to using it as a modem is that you have to be provisioned by your provider to have the data capability.

Also, be warned that the p800 currently will not sync with iSync. That will likely change in the future, but right now it's a bit of a bust.

Back