Bluetooth with iPod

Nope. Not in the current line of iPods anyway, and we all believe that BlueTooth is still far too slow to use for the iPod. FireWire is barely fast enough ;)

Now... if only I had FireWire 800.....

chabig said:
It depends on what you want Bluetooth to do.

If you just want a wireless remote control for the iPod..., then yes--such products are in the pipeline from the same company who makes this:

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?code=5138-NVP3

Chris
How sweet would that be?

Controlling my iPod (connected to my hifi, obviously!) the same way I can my CD player, but using my T610 and Jonas Salling's "clicker" software instead of a remote!

nice......

:D

It might be even better than you think. I saw their prototype at MacWorld. They have a bluetooth remote that lets you control the iPod. Your headphones plug into the remote and receive audio from the iPod over bluetooth. But that's not all! The remote has its own LCD screen and if I understood correctly, they will display the playlist and song info on the remote too.

Chris

I don't know when it is supposed to be out. The unit they had at MacWorld was a prototype in a one-off plastic case. It could control and receive audio from the iPod, but the LCD screen wasn't implemented yet. If I had to guess, I'd say they have another 6 months.

And sorry about the link. I tried to find a direct link to the company's website, but I couldn't find one.

Chris

thanks, chris...

i look forward to seeing it when it comes out...

(in the meantime, i'm still hoping that the rumours of an Apple tablet that could take on ALL these functions and more are true!)

ed

Back