Bogus PC site

The computers even look fake to me. Looks like a really awsome photoshop job. Just look at the chrome wheels on some of the towers and the gradients on the towers themselves. Light doesnt shine like that. Maybe even some Illustrator work was also done.

After looking at athens, I think that site is fake. What the heck is bluetooth used for on a monitor?!? Bluetooth doesn't provide enough bandwidth to do anything useful on a monitor that size.

grr... when are people gonna get it? I haven't seen *ONE* review of their hardware. Not even a fake one - let alone a real one. I know *no* person who's ever actually ordered a machine, let alone has got one. Site's a fake. Simply.

fryke, just because no one has seen a review of one or you don't know anyone who has a machine doesn't mean that it's fake. Unless you know all 6 billion people on the planet, that is ;).

sinclair_tm said:
all i know is that i want their 'athens' monitor! drool....

Actually i do have to say that those monitors look quite similiar to the ones used in Sex and the City. (Alec's workstation that Carrie actually works on breifly to write her column)

i don't beleive hose monitors. they aren't photo's for one, they are 3d-constructed images, plus, the main display has 5 200dpi 22" lcds. *find* me a computer, any computer that could display that many pixels. a dual 30" set up, which is pretty damned good, and very intensive on graphics even now, has 8 million effective pixels being powered. their flagship athen thing runs 46 million pixels. that's 6x times more.

not going to happen.

Viro: They've been "around" for much more than a year. And their site is not really easily ignorable for the tech-press. So why aren't there reviews? Because there's no actual hardware.

I admit, this site has baffled me for a couple of years now. I already told my story way back in this thread, so I won't go over it again. But it is interesting. The site is on hoax sites and there's a lot of evidence indicating it's a fake. I'm in total agreement that it is very odd you never see any reviews of this place, though I haven't actualy gone looking either. And since it's a PC company, it's very unlikely I'd ever come across such a review anyway.

However, I'd like to see somebody here try to place an order (like I did two years ago). Why would they keep this hoax going for so long and actually "pretend" to take orders? There are people who have tracked down each product that they sell and shown them to actually exist. This company seems, at best, to simply be a reseller of existing products from a variety of manufacturers. They just present/brand them in interesting ways. As one other poster on another site put it, just like Alienware.

If you google www.go-l.com hoax, there's a ton of "info", "evidence" and debate out there. Great hoax (just for endurance alone) if it is one.

Back