Bookeeping app recommendation

antonioconte

Registered
Can anyone reccomend a good bookeeping package for OS X? I'm a freelancer designer so I just need something fairly simple really.

Hi there. I'm a developer for the Namibian distributor of HansaWorld software. Its a pretty complete solution, catering from single-users like yourself to multi-user setups with over 500 users. You can have the GUI and process-flow altered in order to give you a solution that's completely customised for your needs. Plus it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
I'm sure there're a several HansaWorld distributors in the UK. Check out http://www.hansaworld.com for a list of UK distributors

MoneyDance is a neat little accounting package that would be appropriate for a small business such as yours. It lacks the feature bloat of Quicken but has all of the essential features. It is written in Java and is truly a cross platform package.

If you want something that can handle a larger business with inventories, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc take a look at MYOB's Business Essentials.

Don't seem to be able to print, no option for it.

It seems to do what I need, i.e money in and money out on a monthly basis. Excelent, but I do need to print each month to give to my accountant. any ideas?

antonioconte said:
It seems to do what I need, i.e money in and money out on a monthly basis. Excelent, but I do need to print each month to give to my accountant. any ideas?
MoneyDance reports do that easily. You can select any date range you wish for any report. In addition the MoneyDance search function allows you to select transactions on a variety of criteria and then print them out.

Although there is no user manual per. se. check out the MoneyDance Wiki for more information. You can find all kinds of support for MoneyDance at the support site including a link to subscribe to the mailing list. The developer of MoneyDance, Sean Reilly, monitors all of these and is very responsive to bug reports, feature requests, etc. IMHO, that alone places MoneyDance head and shoulders above the competition.

Back