Boot Camp Partition Error

Cdennisen

Registered
I'm trying to partition my hard drive with Boot Camp Assistant, however, each time I attempt to partition, I get this error message:

10x8soz.jpg

When I go to Disk Utility, I get this window:

2n04fsx.jpg

How do I navigate Disk Utility to achieve what I need to do? Do I re-format the drive named "200.05 GB Hitachi", or "Macintosh HD"?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Is this Windows partition formatted NTFS? I ask because OS X can only read NFTS (Microsoft only sales a read license), not write to one?

Is this Windows partition formatted NTFS? I ask because OS X can only read NFTS (Microsoft only sales a read license), not write to one?

I don't have an existing Windows partition, I'm trying to make one. At this time I have not yet inserted the Windows Install CD, I'm just tying to partition the hard drive.

One problem I see is that you are trying to allocate 45GB for the boot camp side only leaving a measly 8GB of free space on the OSX side. OSX requires at least 10-15% free space for optimum functionality. For example 10% of 145GB is 14.5GB. You are going to need to free up more space if you really want to allocate 45GB for the bootcamp partition or make the boot camp partiton smaller such as 32GB.

Back