Boot Camp really that bad for my mac?

BigJohn7407

Registered
well i have windows xp running on my intel imac via boot camp and i mainly need windows only for my games. my question is: is it bad to restart my mac to boot into windows? i do it 2 times a day tops but i just want to know if it will actualy hurt my computer. I read many different opinions about people saying that boot camp is horrible for ur mac and then others say it doesnt hurt it at all. thanks

huh? where do you read that it's any bad for your mac? that'd be terrible. it's working quite alright. haven't heard any bad stuff - only people having problems installing windows via bootcamp, but that you obviously managed.

thank you very much! i didnt think what i was reading before was right but i stated to get skeptical about it anyway. thanks again!

i cant recall the name of the site. but this person stated that from retarting ur mac like that and then booting in and out of different OS's can harm ur hard drive... i thought it was crap but then i read another article somewhat like that saying that restarting to go into different os can take a toll over time on ur mac. i'm just glad that was all a load of crap :)

Yeah as far as I know, that's absolute rubbish. Macs have been using standard components for years now so it really doesn't make a difference what's running on the Mac. So long as you don't start doing some hard disk hacking and trying to modify how the data is transferred, stored, or whatever then there's nothing to worry about.

There's a lot of nonsense like this around - I read last night how there were 78,000 viruses released for Mac OS last year and we should all move to Linux. :roll:

Back