Boot Problem! (osx.3.4 On Cube G4)

djil

Registered
Hi,

The machine: Cube G4 400MHz/320 RAM/10.3.4

The problem: Does not boot! Machine currently useless... can't install Tiger :-(

The symptoms: When i start the computer, the internal OSX launches itself, apparently normally, but then freezes, with the progress bar almost filled... it gets stuck at the the part ragarding the network... and the machine is not connected to anything!
When i shut down the machine, and restart, same thing, over and over...
I tried booting from OS9 CD (restart w/ C key pressed down), and it gets kicked out and the internal OSX starts up, to freeze later on, always at the same place...
I tried booting from Tiger DVD (restart w/ C key pressed down), and it gets kicked out and the internal OSX starts up, to freeze later on, always at the same place...
I tried booting from an external FireWire CD/DVD player, but it is not even recongnized...

The quest: There must be something possible to bypass that part of the startup, or to go through the developer access and type in something intelligent that will allows me to either access the disk and erase just what is necessaary for the desktop to be accessible, so i can launch the install procedure for Tiger and move on... no?

The message: Help, anybody? Please, i would love to access my hard disk, so i can install Tiger... geez, i am even ready to reformat the hard disk so as to reinstall anything... anything to get the machine functional again!

Thanx,

OK, I put the cube in Slave/Target mode, retrieved the files and installed Tiger from my Powerbook, via FireWire, and it worked perfectly... that Target mode rocks, i will try to think about it as much as possible... if you have 2 macs, that is ;-D

Back